Wednesday, May 27, 2009

McDonalds - McCafe sucks

I have never seen a company try so hard to come up with a catch phrase and fail so miserably at it.

The ba ba ba baaa I'm loving it is tolerable, annoying but I can handle it.

Nugnuts was just plain dumb. And thankfully died a quick, painful death.

And now having commercials that list every possible rhyme for McCafe is simply obnoxious. Possiblay. Not only does it sound Canadian, eh, but it easily sets up the middle school response to anything they don't like (a usage of the term I extremely hate so will leave it to your imaginations to think of what I mean here).

The ad spots with the people looking all hippy-ish until they discover McDonald's coffee so they no longer need to hang around the elitist coffee shops, can shave and ditch their trendy glasses were amusing.

Poking fun at society = good.
Slogan hunting = bad.

Want to sell more coffee? Make a better product. Simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment